Jun 17 2020

Saint Finbar’s School

Published by at 10:05 pm under News

This photograph is possibly from 1943 and marks the official blessing and opening of Saint Finbar’s School. The large gates and railings that are seen at the front of the school today are noticeably absent. The first principal or headmaster was Mister Charlie McCarthy. It was to be an all boys school with male teachers only. Some classrooms had as many as 42 young boys.

No responses yet

Comments are closed.